- This event has passed.
Cancer Support Workshop 2: Mind-Body Techniques to Lessen Side Effects of Radiation Therapy
Jan 27 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm| Free
Renown Institute for Cancer is teaming up with Renie Anderson, a trained and certified expert in cancer treatment side effect management. Attend this workshop and learn mind-body techniques to help reduce anxiety, feel calmer, visualize your treatment in a healing way and enhance healing through activities that can bring you relief.
This workshop includes:
- Helping patients feel more connected, reducing the fight/flight response and helping patients feel more at ease.
- Explaining how stress impacts our bodies and our role in taking responsibility as a partner in recovery.
- A mindfulness relaxation session.
- Giving patients the opportunity to express concerns over their side effects and reframing that they can have a different experience.
- Open time for questions and answers.
Video-enabled attendance is available. Patients can access remotely and join from any video-enabled device (smart phone, iPad, laptop, or webcam/desktop). Upon registering, you will receive instructions on how to virtually connect.
There is no charge to attend this class. Please register below.