- This event has passed.
Childbirth Education (All in a day)
Feb 23 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm| $80.00
This “All in a day” Childbirth Education Course was designed for busy parents who are short on time, but still want to learn valuable and crucial information.
This class will help prepare mom and her partner for the many aspects of childbirth. This class is designed to provide you with a great forum to ask lots of questions and to help you make informed decisions about key issues surrounding your baby’s birth.
Some topics include:
- Healthy developments in your pregnancy
- Stages of labor
- Warning signs
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Comfort measures
- Role of the support person and labor support
- Birth planning
- How to tell when you are in labor
- Pain relief options during labor/medical procedures
- How a birth doula can help
- Cesarean birth and Postpartum
All of our instructors are certified educators who will offer you support and guidance through education in a very unique way that will meet your individual needs.
We believe that childbirth is a process, not a method and we recognize that there is no one right way to give birth.
* Note: A Baby and Family Suites Tour will not be included in this class. To schedule a tour, please call 775-982-RSVP (7787).
The cost of this class is $80 per couple. To attend, please register below, using the expecting mother’s name and information.
We ask you to bring the following items to this class:
- a mat