- This event has passed.
Cancer Support Workshop 1: Mind-Body Techniques to Lessen Side Effects of Chemotherapy
Dec 16, 2019 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm| Free
Renown Institute for Cancer is teaming up with a trained and certified expert in cancer treatment side effect management, Renie Anderson. Attend this workshop to use mind-body techniques to help reduce anxiety and feel calmer, visualize your treatment in a healing way and enhance your healing by doing activities that bring you relief.
- Helping patients to feel more connected. Helping to reduce fight/flight response and to help you feel more at ease
- Explaining how stress impacts our bodies and our role in taking responsibility as a partner in recovery.
- A mindfulness relaxation session
- Giving the patients the opportunity to express concerns over their side effects and reframing that they can have a different experience.
- Open time for questions and answers
Video enabled attendance is available. Patients can access remotely and join from any video-enabled device (smart phone, iPad, laptop, or webcam/desktop). Upon registering, you will receive instructions on how to virtually connect.
There is no charge to attend this class. Please register below.