Mindfulness Meditation class at Renown with Schauntelle Puliti:
- Discover stillness and tranquility
- Learn to use meditation as a powerful tool and experience the benefits for the body, mind and spirit!
- Meditation is not a way of making your mind quiet, it is a way of entering into the quiet that is already there.
This class will help you:
- Reduce stress
- Enhance creativity
- Discover mindfulness, breath and body awareness
- Create inner peace and connect to your spirit
- Improve relationships
- Awaken your intuition
Here are a few tips that will enhance anyone’s experience in attending a virtual meditation:
- Take a seat. Find a place to sit that feels calm and quiet to you. There is no “right” way to sit, just get comfortable and sit. If you choose, you can also lay down.
- Use headphones to listen to the meditation if you’re in a busy office as to not disturb anyone around you and perhaps quiet distracting noises.
- For meditation purposes, don’t get caught up in the “how,” just do.
- There’s no way to shut off all thoughts or emotions. That is not the goal of meditation. Instead, we notice thoughts and feelings as they arise and observe them with a non-judgmental and loving attitude. You then redirect your attention back to point of focus, which is often the breath. This process may happen a hundred times over in one session and that’s okay.
- Don’t worry too much that you’re doing it wrong. There is nothing perfect about meditation.
- Really commit yourself. Don’t just say, “Sure, I’ll try this for a couple days.” Really commit yourself to this. In your mind, be locked in, for at least a month.
- Close with kindness. Once the meditation has ended, check in with yourself. Notice how your body feels, your thoughts and emotions. Take a moment to thank yourself for taking the time out of your day to rest in your own space and giving yourself the opportunity to relax.
PLEASE MUTE YOUR PHONE OR COMPUTER MIC, AS WELL, AS TURN OFF YOUR OUTGOING CAMERA SO AS NOT TO DISTURB THE MEDITATION FOR OTHERS.
No RSVP required for this event. To join please click: https://bit.ly/2XqneUN
If you do not have a computer, join us by calling 775-325-5409 and when prompted, type in the conference ID: 531 903 850#
For more information please email instructor, Schauntelle Puliito at firstname.lastname@example.org