- This event has passed.
Renown Children’s Hospital presents: MEGA Body
Aug 31, 2018 - Sep 2, 2018
Renown Children’s Hospital presents a three-day MEGA Body exhibit at the Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum. Visitors will have the opportunity to walk through the enormous human body and learn about the different functions of the body.
The MEGA Body teaches visitors of all ages fun facts while exploring and interacting with giant teeth, eyes, brain, heart, lunch, ears, esophagus, bones, stomach, muscle, intestines and skin. Measuring 50-feet long by 15-feet wide and 12-feet high, MEGA Body also shows the risk, symptoms of various diseases.
Dates and Times
Friday, Aug. 31, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 10 a.m. to noon: Elaina Lantrip, pediatric APRN; and Pam Burgio, pediatric APRN
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: registered nurses and practice managers from Renown Medical Group – Pediatrics
- 1 to 3 p.m.: Pet therapy dog, Baci
Saturday, Sept. 1, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 10 a.m. to noon: Dr. Scott Wallace, pediatrician; and Larry Duncan, Renown Children’s Hospital Vice President and Administrator
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: various staff from Renown Health
- 11 a.m. to noon: Pet therapy dog, Nikki
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: local mascots including Luna, Alphie and Thumper
Sunday, Sept. 2, 12 noon to 5 p.m.
- Noon to 5 p.m.: various staff from Renown Health
- Noon to 2 p.m.: Dr. Sonia Budhecha, pediatric pulmonologist
- Noon to 3 p.m.: Miss Washoe County Devin Jostmeyer
- 1 to 3 p.m.: local mascots including Luna, Alphie and Thumper
- 2 to 4 p.m.: Dr. Jose Cucalon, pediatrician
- 4 to 5 p.m.: Dr. Max Coppes, Renown Children’s Hospital physician-in-chief
Museum Members: Free
General Admission Rates:
$10 – Children (ages 1-17)
$12 – Adults
$10 – Seniors (ages 65+)
Free – under age 1