- This event has passed.
Smart Health Connection Monthly Health Screenings
Jan 17 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
An event every month that begins at 8:00am on day Third of the month, repeating until Jan 15, 2020
For over 16 years, Renown Smart Health Connection has offered one of the region’s most comprehensive healthy aging programs. Designed to enhance the health and wellness of thousands of young children to adults, Smart Health Connection provides residents of northern Nevada with important health information, health screenings and educational events.
SMART HEALTH CONNECTION MONTHLY HEALTH SCREENINGS are held the 3rd Wednesday of every month.
The following tests are available without a physician lab order:
- $10 – Glucose (for evaluation of blood sugars and to assess for diabetes)
- $20 – Lipid Panel Includes: cholesterol, HDL, Triglycerides & Calculated LDL.
- $30 – Glycohemoglobin (HbA1c). For diabetic only. This test will assess blood sugar control for diabetics.
Required: Fasting is recommended for 10 hours prior to the tests. You may take medications and drink water only.
NEW THIS YEAR. Beginning immediately, participants will need a physician order to have lab tests drawn except for a lipid panel, glucose or glycohemoglobin (if participant is a diabetic).
Optional lab Tests (A physician lab order is required for the following lab tests)
- $35 – Comprehensive Metabolic Panel and Lipid Profile. Tests for 14 different measurements including cholesterol, HDL, LDL and triglycerides.
- $25 – CMP only.
- $40 – PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen). Blood test for prostate cancer.
- $40 – TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone). Measures the amount of thyroid stimulating hormone in the blood. Helps evaluate if your thyroid gland is working properly.
- $20 – Free Thyroxine. Used to evaluate thyroid function and diagnose thyroid diseases.
- $20 – CBC (Complete Blood count. Determines number of platelets, red and white blood cells, checks for anemia, leukemia and problems with blood clotting.
- $45 – Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy. Used to identify a possible deficiency in Vitamin D.
Lab results will be available in EPIC (Renown electronic medical records) or sent to the physician from the lab via the current reporting method.
Participants can view their results through My Chart. Results can also be picked up at any of the 14 Renown lab locations. SHC lab results will no longer be sent to participants from Wellness Services.
While we do feel these changes will ultimately benefit our clients, we do apologize for any inconvenience.