- This event has passed.
Smart Health Connection Monthly Health Screenings
Nov 15, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
An event every month that begins at 8:00am on day Third of the month, repeating indefinitely
For over 16 years, Renown Smart Health Connection has offered one of the region’s most comprehensive healthy aging programs. Designed to enhance the health and wellness of thousands of young children to adults, Smart Health Connection provides residents of northern Nevada with important health information, health screenings and educational events.
Screenings and Cost
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel + Lipid Profile, tests for 14 different measurements including cholesterol, HDL, LDL, ratio and triglycerides (fasting required 10 hours prior to test, may take medications with water only); $35
- PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen), blood test for prostate cancer; $40
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Factor
- C-Reactive Protein, may be helpful in assessing risk of developing heart disease; $30
- Thyroid Profile (TSH, T4, Free T4); $75
- Blood Typing, identifies the specific antigens that determine blood type and Rh factor; $30
- Complete Blood Count (CBC), determines number of platelets, red and white blood cells, checks for anemia, leukemia, and problems with blood clotting; $20
- Glycohemoglobin (Hemoglobin A1C), used most frequently to assess blood sugar controls in diabetics; $30
- TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone), test to evaluate thyroid function; $40
- Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy, to identify possible deficiency in Vitamin D; $45
Eligibility & Payment
- Unable to accept Medicare Part B beneficiaries
- Adults over the age of 18 may attend (under 18 must be accompanied by a parent)
- The screenings are on a first come, first-served basis
- Cash, personal check or a major credit card for exact amount only
Please contact your physician or call 982-5433 for more information.
Please call two weeks prior to the screening date to verify availability.